You can act tough all you want, but the fact remains: everyone is afraid of something. Some fears are more rational then others. Here’s a list of the 10 most bizarre phobias you won’t believe are real. And I promise you, all of these are real.
1. Spectrophobia: fear of mirrors
If this was more prevalent on the East Coast, we might’ve avoided Jersey Shore altogether.
2. Phagophobia: fear of swallowing
Phobia most common in girlfriends.
3. Ablutophobia: Fear of washing or bathing
Turns out Charlie Brown and the Gang have been cruel to the mentally troubled, Pig Pen.
4. Ambulophobia: Fear of walking
Most famous sufferer: Stephen Hawking.
5. Aulophobia: Fear of flutes
Mostly attributed to traumatic events at band camps.
6. Deciophobia: Fear of making decisions
Most apparent in people who are in front of you in line at Starbucks
7. Dendrophobia: Fear of trees
Most famous sufferer : M. Night Shyamalan
8. Geniophobia: Fear of chins
Sufferers should avoid Mo’Nique movies at all costs.
9. Anthrophobia: Fear of flowers
Phobia not found in females.
10. Anatidaephobia: the fear that you are being watched by a duck
Yes…this is real.