The Asylum is a movie studio that prides itself on making 10-15 movies a year. This would be a worthy accomplishment, if any of them had an ounce of originality. We compiled a list of the 25 most laughably obvious Asylum movie rip offs. Please keep in mind, these are real…very real.
1. Both of these movies had me praying that the Mayans were right. Sadly, they were not.
2. Just because you opted to go further back in time, doesn’t mean your version will be better.
3. A terrible movie done twice! Now THAT’S ‘Merican!
4. I guess they felt the word “Haunting” would attract more viewers. They were wrong.
5. Apparently, a movie about the Statue of Liberty buried in snow was just too good to be done only once.
6. The tag line asks you to “decide the truth for yourself.” I decide that, truthfully, this movie blows.
7. Makers of this knock-off felt the name Allan Quatermain was more badass than Indiana Jones. Idiots.
8. Throw as many adjectives as you want before Thor, it’s still a knockoff.
9. Personally, I’d be more apt to see either of these movies if the plot was more dependent on proper bread crumb placement.
10. “They’re not Tolkien’s Hobbits…” Yeah. No shit.
11. I actually might check out this particular rip off. I mean, that wolf in the mirror on the right looks hilarious!
12. Both of these movies are fraudulent. One claims to be original. The other claims to be “laugh-out-loud funny.”
13. Hillside Cannibals brought to you by Hollywood hucksters.
14. Seeing these two side-by-side has me lost in a whole “the chicken or the egg” predicament.
15. I would talk smack about this, but Kel from Kenan & Kel is in it! If there’s even ONE reference to Orange Soda, it gets 5 Stars.
16. Talk about inspiration! Be on the lookout for my new independent feature, Snakes on a Scooter.
17. It’s true what they say… C. Thomas Howell is the poor man’s Tom Hanks.
18. I Am Legend, I Am Omega,…I Am Not Impressed.
19. This is supposed to be pretty good. It was done by the same guy who did Adolescent Disfigured Martial Art Shell Creatures.
20. For those who haven’t seen either: Which do you think has Jack Black? The answer might surprise you.
21. If there’s one thing religion needs, it’s Zac Efron-esque dance sequences. Praise the Lord!
22. Pluralize it, they said. No one would notice, they said.
23. Both of these movies seem like a battle between Dumb vs. Stupid.
24. I’m not sure if this is a legitimate knock off or just a porn-version.
25. This is the worst rip-off since Simon Cowell said X-Factor was nothing like Idol.