The NFL playoffs are in full swing and theLEEK is here to make the pigskin festivities even better with a cleverly crafted way to get you absolutely blitzed! May I present to you, Drinking Game Friday: NFL Playoff Edition.
We have specialized drinking triggers for every playoff game this week. So, no matter who’s on the field, you’ll be able to get your fade on.
Any kind of beer you enjoy the most. (And a LOT of it)
Baltimore Ravens vs. Denver Broncos
- Anytime you see a classic ‘Manning Face’: enjoy a long chug that results in you sporting a ‘Manning Face’ of your own.
- Anytime they mention Ray Lewis’ plans for retirement: put your beer down on the floor, go to the other side of the room, then Ray Lewis dance yourself on over to that brew, pick it up and chug that puppy!
- Anytime they cut to Peyton’s dad, Archie or brother, Eli: drink heavily while comparing yourself to other family members.
Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots
- Anytime they show a Tom Brady Uggs commercial: Chug for as long as the metrosexual advertisement ruins your football viewing experience.
- Anytime they show Bill Belichick looking angry on the sideline: Throw on your best Belichick-esque scowl and proceed to pound an entire beer. Maybe that’ll “cheer” you up.
- Anytime they mention or play a montage of the Patriots passed Super Bowl appearances: Yell “Who Gives A Sh*t?!” as loud as you can and continue to down brew.
Seattle Seahawks vs. Atlanta Falcons
- Anytime a QB runs the Option: You get the option of finishing off your current beverage OR tossing it for a fresh cold one. The choice is yours.
- Anytime the announcers talk about Matt Ryan’s past playoff foibles: Pour a little beer out in memory of Matt Ryan’s past failed playoff appearances, then guzzle down as much as you can before the next snap.
- Anytime Russell Wilson’s lack of size and/or height is mentioned: Immediately crack a midget joke before downing the rest of your current beer.
Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Anytime the rivalry between the Niners & Packers is brought up: Name things you hate about the gold rush or dairy products as you chug an entire beer in defiance.
- Anytime they show a Discount Double Check Ad: Drink enough to muster up a hearty belch, rise and do the move while burping, ‘Discount Double Check!’
- Anytime the QB controversey between Colin Kaepernick and Alex Smith is brought up: Kill whatever brew your currently enjoying and toss it aside to make room for a younger, more mobile brewski.
*Though there are special rules for each, there are few stipulations that apply to all games. Take a healthy chug of your beer if any of the following happens during ANY of the games:
- If the game goes into Overtime.
- If there’s a Touchdown accompanied by ANY kind of dance, two-step, display of bravado, etc…
- The FIRST time there’s a Shotgun formation – shotgun a beer. (only do this for the first occurrence, otherwise you probably won’t make it to the second half)
So, when you’re parked on the couch this weekend enjoying some quality gridiron action, follow these simple drinking cues and you’re guaranteed to have an amazing time – win or lose.